Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Noodles

As in my muscles are noodles! I was sick last week with a cold and did not venture to the gym once. No sense in wheezing and snorting with sinuses full o' goo ... I wheeze and snort enough when I go to the gym sans goo!

I decided the peaceful stretching of lunchtime yoga was too tame after missing a week. I went for a 30 min core class and stayed for the group power class. When I got back to work, it took all I had to walk across the parking lot. All the muscles in my body are like wet noodles. Bet Ima gonna be sore tomorrow! I'll go to a peaceful stretching yoga tomorrow and work out some of the muscular stiffness...

Tonight is my second 4H meeting. Sigh. I am NOT liking this driving all over the place on a weeknight. However I made a commitment and paid my 4-H dues and I will go. Yikes - I haven't heard from Kylee's mom yet ... she was going to call and let me know where to meet her in town. She had dinner plans and was going to take Kylee along for me to pick up....

Furry Husband picked up the goat today. Deep breath. Linus gave us 39 lbs of meat. (uh, yeah, won't be naming any more of the boys...) Cost us $60 to have him butchered so it comes to $1.54 a pound. Not bad. I sure hope I can eat him. A lot of hamburger, a roast and I don't know what else. I told Furry Husband he can NOT make jokes about it when we eat it. I'm having a hard enough time with all of this raising and butchering an animal you know...



No comments: