Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wind and Napa...

Wind. I hate it.

My girlfriend in Fairbanks, AK tells me that at least if I get stuck in the wind I won't die. She lives with -40+ degree temps. If she were to get stuck outside, she would most deb'inately die. So I shouldn't complain, but I will anyway.

We are supposed to get gusts up to 75 mph. That is strong enough to push ME around and I ain't no petite flower. I am strong, hardy, German, big boned and I like to eat.

Makes me wonder what those fit, thin women do in this weather? Can they even leave home? Do they have rock climbing gear and carabiners under their clothes to keep them tethered to the earth? (eh, so I have sour grapes...so what!)

Furry Husband borrowed the chemistry goggles I use when I make goat milk soap (the lye is why I wear goggles) when he went out to do chores. Smart man. In this kind of wind, anytime you even LOOK at hay, it is suddenly in and on every part of your body. There is hay chaff in your hair, up your nose, in your ears, in your mouth and you are half blind because it is in your eyes as well. And no matter how many layers of clothes I have on, or how tight my coat is buttoned up - I get hay chaff in my bra and yes, it even finds it's way into my underpants.

Really.

It is no way to start off your day.

I get a lot of wierd looks cuz I'm the only one here that needs to feed her animals hay --- I'm sure people are wondering what those green flakes of stuff in my hair are cuz no matter how well I think I've de-chaffed myself, there is ALWAYS hay chaff on me somewhere, somehow. I like to think of it as country accoutremon.

Furry Husband called because he had just hung up with Clos Du Val winery. They called to tell him that he won another trip to Napa/Sonoma for being such a Super Salesman! Spouses aren't allowed cuz it's a "work trip" but he is excited to go and I'm happy for him. He is truly a Super Salesman!!

If I travel for my job, I get to go to Kansas City, MO or St. Louis, MO. My last trip sent me to St. Louis. Where I enjoyed a "real" St. Louis style BBQ lunch one day. The menu included a pig ear sammich and fried pork snouts. No lie.

Ummm. I get those things for my dogs to chew on at the feed store and they don't look all that filling or nutritious. They look pretty cartilidge-y. I went with the pulled pork sammich that day.

Bet Furry Husband won't be fed any fried pork snouts at Clos Du Val! The menu will be amazing, fabulous and gourmet wine paired meals.

Geez... what sort of wine would pair with a pig ear sammich anyway?





No comments: