Sunday, January 18, 2009

Spa day

I'm trying to post a blog about the Denver Stockshow last Thursday but I guess I'm trying to post too many pictures cuz Blogger keeps freezing up. I haven't had the patience to figure it out but I will...


In the meantime, I met my girlfriends Laurie and Belinda for a spa day in Boulder on Saturday. I was actually pretty intimidated. I'm just not really the spa type. We went to St. Julien's spa and I have to say it was really pretty fabulous!


Everyone gets their own heavy white robe and your own flip-flops along with a locker to put your things in. We went early to take advantage of the "amenities". We sat in the steam room and drank cucumber water. When Belinda and Laurie were called for their spa treatments, I still had 30 min before my spa treatment. I used the pool, hot tub and the showers complete with high end body scrubs and hair product.


I opted for a pedicure on my spa day. My first one! I was nervous cuz I have Fred Flintstone feet. People have seen my feet, laughed and said they look like Fred Flintstone's feet. I'm not making it up. My big toes are hairy and I don't care enough to shave them. AND I have the freakish Kathe toe. Pronounced cot-ee.


Kathe is my Gramma's maiden name. She has this toe. My Dad has this toe on both feet. I have this toe on both feet. My sister has this toe on one foot. My sister had a baby in July of aught 8 and the baby has this toe. I don't know if the baby had the toe on one foot or two yet cuz I have not seen her bare feet, but my sister says she has "the toe".


I've joked that I can count change, hang from trees, write my name with a pencil, shake hands, fold clothes, cook food, iron your clothes - all because of this toe. People actually BELIEVE me when I say these things with a straight face.


Mostly the toe gets in the way of some shoes... if a seam runs across it can rub and cause discomfort. In the 80's hirachi sandals were all the rage and I wore them - only the little leather part near this toe always sorta popped out and let my toe free. Otherwise I don't notice. I think I walk pretty normally, and no. I am not holding my toe this way - it just does this. I've never tried to put some sort of spacer on my feet to re-arrange my toe. I've never taped it to hold it in place like other people's toes... I was never taken to a podiatrist as a kid.

So here it is for the whole world wide web to see.... my freak Kathe toe! But doesn't my pedicure look nice?



No comments: