Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Furry Husband's suprise...

Hey I went to yoga today and I listened for wind from people's back passage... nuthin'. I heard nuthin! Tho we did this one pose - um - I think it's called bow pose? You are on your tummy with your knees bent so your heels are right over your bum. You reach back, grab the tops of your feet and then you kick out with your feet and you sort of look like the letter U on the floor.

I look for a focal spot, usually right in front of me, when I'm in a pose to help me concentrate. I was a little suprised when I was staring straight ahead, finding my focus - concentrating - all at peace with myself when VOILA!
The guy in front of me had super baggy shorts and I could totally see his junk. Nothing like the shock of seeing male genitals lying on the floor right in front of you! I quickly found a different focal point off to the side.

O.K, but that is a little off topic and it's NOT Furry Husband's suprise...

Furry Husband took me to the Rio for lunch in Ft. Collins on Sunday. I was tired, hadn't slept well the night before and I drank too much wine with our 3 day, better than sex, pasta sauce. I wasn't feeling too hot. Furry Husband says in a very serious tone, "Honey. There is something I want to talk to you about."

He is NEVER serious. I'm thinking... great. Here it is. This is the part in my life when he tells me there is someone else.

He goes on to say, "You remember my friend Larry?"

I nod - I vaguely remember going to lunch with him and going to a party of his years ago.... not sure what this has to do with the imagined affair Furry Husband is having...?

"Well, I looked him up and reconnected with him. He lives in Baja, Mexico with his wife and daughter now. They own this vacation rental company; he says he'd love to see us and would put us up for free if we come down. What would you think about lobster and margaritas on the beach in Mexico this March?"

What do I think?! I think HELL YES!

I'm waiting to see if our pet sitter can watch our place and I looked up whale migration... (yeah, remember I'm a complete animal f-r-e-a-k... FREAK) And it just so happens that grey whales use this particular coastal area as a nursery for their calves during migration from Dec to April.

I guess I'm still a bit in shock over the suggestion. I mean we are paying things off to become more financially stable so we watch our pennies and this seems like such a rich person thing to do on a spur of the moment idea. But if all we need to do is buy a couple o' plane tickets to San Diego on the cheap and rent a car to drive an hour South... it wouldn't be that much and man, what a nice get away it would be!

With all the winter doldrums around and my general crankiness about the weather..... I think lobster and margs on a beach sounds pretty f'ing good! This is the place we would stay - right smack dab on the beach.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh heaven! Go and have a guilt-free vacation.
Is that you in the picture? Wow, how do you bend like that?

Kelley said...

Holy Cow... that sounds great!!!! Take me too.... : )

Shanster said...

Nope - that isn't me Dedene! But I wanted to show the pose cuz I dunno if I explained it right in words. I don't know what I look like in "bow pose"! I probably don't wanna know! :)