Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Melted

I think I scared Furry Husband with my rant yesterday! He told me I sounded so angry... well it IS really gross. And it's much easier to let it all out over the internet... I didn't snap at her in the bathroom or anything and none of my co-workers knew I was so grossed out or annoyed. shrug.

Poor Furry Husband. He doesn't understand. He pees standing up.


I stopped at Target the other day to get some dog chews. They have really good prices on rawhide - better than the feed stores - and our dogs need to chew, chew, chew. While I was there, all the Easter candy was 50% off. I bought a bunch of it to send to my Mom-in-Law.

We called her on Easter and she was down in the dumps. She is in her 80's and was thinking back to days when family was around, children and adults, egg hunts, big dinners and now she is alone. She goes to church followed by lunch and a spirited game of dominoes with her friends, but she comes home to an empty house. I can empathize with her. If she were closer, we'd have her over and have a nice dinner, color eggs etc., but she is in IL and we are here in CO. I know she isn't missing Easter "candy" per se but it lets her know we are thinking of her.

Only I left the candy in my car yesterday, I got busy and I forgot to mail it. Temperatures reached 70 degrees and I think my little hollow chocolate bunnies, chicks and lambs are melted into blobs! I brought them inside today so I can evaluate...

Maybe if they are little molten chocolate lumps, I will feed them to my co-workers. I did get a polka-dotted stuffed bunny holding a carrot shaped bag full of jelly beans which was impervious to my hot car. I'll still have something to send, maybe not the booty I originally intended. It's the thought that counts right?


Oh! Tomorrow is Rosie's due date. Last night she was leaping on top of the quonset hut houses and happily chewing her cud and digging into the alfalfa. She seemed pretty unconcerned this morning too. Poor thing has no idea what is coming! It's her first kidding... Maybe she'll have them tonight? Maybe she'll wait til the weekend? We are watching her closely.


2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh! I love melted chocolate. Yum...

And the bathroom thing...I hate shared bathrooms. Sounds like the woman is either super dense or passive aggressive. At least it's just pee though....

Shanster said...

I know, shared toidy are the pits! :)