Monday, April 6, 2009

Furry Husband Came Home!

He got home about 6pm last night! So nice to have him back and to have someone that talks BACK to me. I talk all day long to the dogs and cats, but they are a bit lacking when it comes to conversation reciprocation.

Remember the pictures I posted? Where I dug the 12' gate out at least one way before my shovel broke?

yeah.

well.

The wind kicked back up THE REST OF THE DAY and covered all my efforts. Looked like I never did a damn thing. Drifts all filled back in up to your knees.

Have I told you lately how much I HATE, HATE, HATE the flippin' wind?

The wine rack was looking pretty tempting at 11am... I mean what else did I have? Animal hair, quilt pieces, howling wind driving me insane... and there is all this wine in the next room to take the tension of drifts, snow, wind and ice away.

I waited til 4pm before I had a glass o' wine and I say KUDOS to me for my restraint.

I finished my last quilt squares and spread them all out in a way I wanted them to be... the way I found them most visually appealing. Moving and exchanging squares... standing back.... evaluating..... moving them some more.

Not at all easy in a house full of animals... especially when Itty Bitty Opal Kitty would pounce on a square, bunch it up with her paws, roll ninja style over the rest dislodging their order and dropping the bunched up square in another spot. I guess she was trying to rearrange them more to her tastes.

Then a dog would walk thru the squares. Stop, sit down, lift a leg for a sniff and lay down fully stretched out.... oh, this looks like a nice place to lay down, drop some of my shedding fur and lick myself.

Do you see why I could be driven to drink at 11am?

If you can't.... why don't you come on over? I'll lock YOU in with 3 dogs and 6 cats. YOU can be prisoner of the gale force winds we experience here during Spring and only 20 miles from the windy, friggin' Wyoming border.

When Furry Husband got home, he had to throw his bag over our front gate and climb it to get in. He thought I was pulling some huge practical joke because Denver didn't get any snow and even as he hit Ft. Collins - there wasn't any measurable snow.

Oh-ho Furry Husband. I would never joke about wind and drifting snow!

They had everything from our neck of the woods onward was closed. I-25 was closed. I-80 was closed. There were a ga-zillion big rigs parked in our tiny Wellington town to the East of us....

I'm glad he's home and I'm glad I'm OUT of the house and at work today. Did I mention there is no wind today? None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. No wind. Glorious of all glorious days!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

HA!HA!HA! Aren't you glad you aren't out on the prairie somewhere... no neighbors for miles... no work to go to... just wind and more wind. It's a wonder anyone made it (without killing themselves and the whole family!!). Glad Furry Husband got home in one peice, and that you are wind free for a bit. We got LOADS of snow... and a fair bit of wind too...

Shanster said...

Oh yeah - I'm sure you got it way worse than we did! No, I can't imagine living TRULY rural with no one around for miles and miles...

I'm pretty sure I would lose it one day if that were the case!