Friday, October 16, 2009

Tracker Toe

I met with Joelyn for some tracking training tonight. Y'know, being outdoors and working with your dog just helps...

Toe did really well - Joelyn brought clothespins with ribbon as markers for ME so I could make sure Toe stayed on track when she put in a right or left hook. Toe was cutting across the hook to get to the glove, vs. truly staying on track.

The markers helped me stay on the trail and Toe is all gangbusters in his little harness - just like an Alaska sled dog - in miniature.

Joelyn says Toe will ruin it for me. She says he's going to be really good and the next dog I get won't be as easy....

Then she brought out her little bitch, Rumor. (I love using "bad" language that is actually completely and totally appropriate in the dog world) Toe and Rumor played and frolicked... I'm sure when he goes to sleep tonight he'll dream of Rumor in a risque leather collar and lead.

Off to drink wine and eat pizza - have a good Friday night!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm glad to hear that the animals will help you focus on those things you do have control over, vs. the hospice situation with your dad. It really is ok to feel Ok about this. Hang in there! Pet the pets, drink lovely wine with the lovely husband... and enjoy the weekend weather.....

Shanster said...

Yeah - I sorta freaked out at first but then when I had a minute to absorb it, I realized it IS a good thing and it's not like I haven't expected it, so I'm still feeling o.k...

Suppose it's one of those things where you aren't sure how it will hit you til it does, huh?