Thursday, October 8, 2009

Kitty Crack Whore

I am an addict.

An addict I tell you.

Cats.

Kittens.


My horse trainer friend, Rex, came for dinner the other night. Furry Husband made his "better than sex" pasta sauce and mounds upon mounds of pasta. There was garlic bread. Wine was flowing like a river.... I had an Esther Williams movie on the t.v. I love Esther Williams.


Shhhhhh - don't tell anybody it was my 39th birthday. I don't age anymore. Didn't you know that? My fingers are in my ears and I'm shouting LA LA LA LA LA...... seriously. I stopped aging.

Anyway... over the course of the meal and free flowing wine and Esther's amazing swim numbers.... oh, did I mention I had a magic glass that night? It was never empty no matter how much I drank. Isn't that weird? (oh Furry Husband, you are sooooo good to me.)


Well Rex told me she saw kittens crouched and huddled on the dirt road... little innocent balls of fur.... all alone in this world. Cold and crying for their mommy.


She stopped and tried to capture them.
ZING - they disappeared into the tall grass.
She notified our friend Amber since Rex was on the way to our place for dinner.

Amber is tenacious. She is like a starving pit bull with a porterhouse steak. You can't call her off.

Amber took over.

Amber caught the wee darlin's.

I'm gonna go see them tonight at Rex's house but she promises me she will boot me out of her place without another cat.


Did I mention we have 6 cats already? I don't need any more.... but oh, the little whiskers and rumbly purring .... my hands are itchin' to touch a kitten.


My name is Shanster. I am an addict.

4 comments:

DebH said...

you are sooo toast!

Kelley said...

Happy... after the fact... Birthday!!! : ) sounds like a lovely evening. I'll be interested to see if Rexann is strong enough to keep you from heading home with a kitten. Normally, my money would be on Rex (when she puts her mind to something...)... but you addicts get that extra strenght... like mom's that move trains off their babies.... hummmm? Can't wait to hear how this turns out. : )

Shanster said...

I did it! I left with no kittens in tow! Besides - Ann was on her way over to see them and she's been talking about getting a kitten(s).... so I'm thinkin' she took them! Alls well that ends well...

Kelley said...

I had to pick on Rexann about not letting you go home with a kitten ... but I hear she really wants to keep them as a pair, so I figured you'd draw the line at bringing home TWO!! Hope Ann took them. : )