Thursday, July 1, 2010

Old friends...

A friend from high school contacted me to let me know she'd be in CO for a family reunion thing and could we get together.

I haven't seen Becky since our 20 yr reunion and then it's so crowded and you want to talk to everyone, it's hard to get any 1 on 1 time to catch up. I was excited to have her come over!

We went to lunch at Beauregard's in Wellington. (named after the owner's dog... pictured) Furry Husband and I an Beau's...
Too bad Becky came when we had SO much rain... see the lake forming in the horse pens? Sera Sue looks quite disgruntled...

Becky is milking a goat! Bet she never thought that would happen in her lifetime. She woulda laughed me right outta the room in high school if I told her one day she'd milk a goat.

Bottle feeding babies... and evidently having more fun than would be considered "normal".

Whoa! Chocolate goat!

Ewww - another lake forming in the goat pen...


It was great to see Becky and catch up, she knows she's welcome at our house any time, such fun! She doesn't look much different to me than she did in high school but I know 20+ yrs have passed and while we are friends... now we are "old" friends!


2 comments:

DebH said...

that photo of you two feeding babies??? you oughta frame that one, it just makes a person chuckle and be right there with you! sounds like the two of you are the friends forever type,,,,plus, she looks like my kinda gal. Milking a goat only adds to your character in my book!! :)

Cheryl said...

So awesome! Love that bond you have with old friends.

The view by your horse pens is gorgeous, btw! Gosh, would be so nice to live in the country...