Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Tuesday Grumpies....

After a long 4-day weekend I had a serious, serious case of Monday blues... today I have the Tuesday grumpies.

We get wind at our place when seasons change or when the weather is changing - a storm or if warmer weather is blowing in. Last night the wind kicked in at around 3:30am. It comes roaring down the foothills and slams into our house. I woke up because it sounded like airplanes were landing overhead.

And then I was hot.

Furry Husband and I have trouble in our bedroom. Not THAT trouble. He likes it warm in the bedroom and I like a cold bedroom. We both take turns sneaking around turning the room temp up or down. I forgot to check it before I went to bed so Furry Husband won that round! Dammit! I woke up hot and uncomfortable.

The wind was blowing.

Furry Husband is fighting a cold so he was stuffy and snoring.

I had to pee.

I was thirsty.

So many things working against me going back to sleep!

I went to the bathroom, got my drink of water, turned down the thermostat, put in ear plugs and whacked Furry Husband a few times to get him to roll over and stop the buzzsaw.

Dunno if I ever got back to sleep really - hence the Tuesday grumpies.


1 comment:

Kelley said...

I feel your pain...
I help off on the "Mondays".. and was able to push through the Tuesday Grumpies... and now I'm just plain Pissed Off Wednesday!!! Maybe I should have given in on Tuesday??? : )