Thursday, December 18, 2008

NUTS!

Not the testicular kind from my previous post... these are EASY to make, scrummy, nummy, edible, addictive nuts!

1 lb of unsalted nuts - walnuts, pecans, almonds - whatever blows your skirt up.

1tbl water
1 egg white
1 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
1 tsp salt
1 C sugar
1 capful of vanilla (you could use something else here depending on your taste - think cointreau - I like vanilla)

Mix the sugar, salt and cinnamon together and set aside.

Whisk the egg white til frothy but not stiff, add water and flavoring.

Mix the nuts in the egg/water/flavoring mix until they are shiny.

Pour the cinnamon/sugar mix over and gently fold until nuts are completely covered.

Place on a buttered baking sheet in a single layer.

Bake at 250 for 15 min.

Pull them out and turn them over, continue baking for another 45 min.

Cool and enjoy.

These things are ADDICTIVE. I made some for my Mom-in-Law and for my Dad... I have to package them right away or they disappear down my gullet...

No comments: