Monday, December 7, 2009

Drum roll please.....

The whole reason I started this funny little blog was because I wanted to start a small business... I read that showing customers a glimpse of who you are helps sell product.

And then the blog sorta went in all directions - ka-blam!


Mostly I wanted to make some extra money to help with the money sucking black hole in our back yard called: Horses. (oh I love them dearly and it's what I DO to be happy - but they get a bit spendy)

Well - stuff happened along the way and my business was put on hold.

Guess what?

I took my product to EsScentuals in Old Town (our quaint downtown area full o' local shops and eateries) to see if they'd be interested in carrying it or if they'd have advice.


THEY WANT TO CARRY MY LOTION! There was no hesitation. The owner of the shop liked the lotion feel, liked my packaging, they have no goat milk product on their shelves, it's fresh, it's local... she thinks it will do well and she asked me (get this) if I was ready to go big!We have your 2oz gift packs, 2oz singles and 6oz bottles....

Furry Husband and I are very excited. We have an order to fill and we have an idea of the type of boutiques/spas/stores we'd like to see carry our product. The owner of EsScentuals has been in the business since the early 80's. She is knowledgeable and a very lovely woman. She thinks I won't have any issue.
It's only one order, I know... but every body's got to start somewhere.
I sorta keep thinking someone is going to come pound on my door and ask 'Just what in the hell do you think you're doing? YOU can't do this...'

Oh. But I can. And I am.
Star's Hollow Farm is goin' retail baby!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Yay!!! When are you gunna start selling online???

Kelley said...

This is just SOOOOO Cool!!!!!!!

DebH said...

Now that is VERY Cool! How exciting?? I was just dabbling in the soaps lately..and really wanted to make some lotion??!! Now I can just purchase some of yours!!

Yousef said...

Oh wow. Congratulations. I'm excited for you. I like the packaging. How did you get that worked out? Did you sign a contract with some factory or something? If this thing flourishes you're going to be one busy person. (Assuming you're bottling it)

Shanster said...

Heather - I have a site but my shopping cart doesn't work so great and I need to update graphics... so it's on my list of things to do! Soon!

Kelley - yes - I think so too!

DebH - I'm so excited I could pee my pants... oh wait. Maybe that isn't the image I want to project? You and I should talk dah-ling!

Yousef - I have a girlfriend from college that went into grapic design, she helped me out with the packaging. I have my name trademarked, I applied for a sale licence and a tax ID... a little bit o' elbow grease and I'm sellin my wares! It's been a work in progress for a couple years... it keeps my mind busy and thinking!

Yousef said...

Well best of luck to you. I can't wait for more news on this. Its exciting.

olivia said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting ... :D And I agree - the packaging is great.