Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wynkoop Brewery 20 yr reunion....

Furry Husband was part of the original 1988 opening crew at the Wynkoop Brew Pub in Denver. They had a 20 yr reunion last night and we went... $1 beers and a million people from Furry Husband's past. Not only were ALL staffers invited to the event, but any pub regulars were welcome to come. The place was packed! People flew in from Pittsburg, New York, Los Angeles, Sonoma and who knows where else to attend.


Wynkoop original crew photo op

I met Furry Husband when he was bartending at the Wynkoop. I had short, Sharon Stone, platinum blond hair, I was flashing clevage and I told him a dirty joke. He asked me out. The rest is history.

Ever since I've known Furry Husband - he's had women yelling out his name and running up to hug him. What can I say? He's a very loveable guy! I received a couple apologies from women that looked a little nervous after they accosted Furry Husband last night. I just laugh. It's o.k. - if that bothered me, or if I were the jealous type, I would have NEVER made it this long!


Everyone loves Furry Husband. And it was fun hearing about the girls he dated way back when and who broke his little heart... he'd point someone out and I'd think "really? - she doesn't seem like your type!" We are so happy together, it reinforces the idea that everything happens for a reason. After all, if those girls didn't break his heart, we might never have met.












Anyway - you get the picture!

This doesn't have anything to do with anything, but don't you think this guy looks like Dwight Schrute from The Office??

We left before Denver Mayor, John Hickenlooper, showed up - he used to be an owner/manager back in the day. I guess he showed up around 2 AM. Pretty late - or early - depending how you look at it.

I heard Hillary Clinton was having dinner around the corner at The Oxford last night - I guess there were all sorts of those long black guv'ment cars and body guards... Denver was a happenin' spot last night!

Here is part of the beer list from the Wynkoop. How cool is the name of this beer? and how often do you see presidential candidates on the sides of buildings? I felt inspired by it all.


Furry Husband organized breakfast at Dixon's this morning. We woke up at 7am listening to the woman in the room next to us fight with her significant other, Brad. We never heard any responses so it must've been over the phone. "You hate ANYONE that likes me! This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME! Brad, you are such a jerk! No, this is your fault.... YOUR FAULT.... YOUR FAULT!!!"

Good-NESS!
We were suprised the Marriott hotel's walls were that thin. Tho' we did get a "family and friends discount" for our room, so maybe that is one of the downsides? You get the cheap-o room with paper thin walls?

We got to Dixon's at 9:30. People from the night before wandered in all morning - I think we left during the 4th wave of people seated at our table for breakfast. We laughed and talked and listened to great old Wynkoop stories. On our way back to the car, the Wynkoop was hosting a gorilla run. People paid a registration fee of $100 to run 4 miles and each person was given a gorilla suit to run in. I can't imagine running 4 miles, much less in a full on gorilla suit. Imagine the sweat and stank on those things when people were done. Ewww. I hear they had just over 700 entries...








Tonight we are headed to Spectacular! Spectacular! in Lafayette CO for a costume party with the theme: "Night of One Thousand Palin's". Now that IS a truly terrifying thought!
I am tired, my eyes feel like pissholes in the snow, I never want to see alcohol again...
Guess I'd better rest up for tonight.
oh, and we need to go pick 55 bales of grass hay out of a field this weekend at some point... that is gonna be alotta fun with a hangover... gak!

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Looks like a GREAT time!!!!! Hope you have nearly recovered, and that hauling that hay squeezed the last bit o' toxins out of your blood. HA!HA!HA! It is great to see that "Furry Husband" is so universally loved.... I am not at all surprised!!