Saturday, October 11, 2008

Rainy Day...

It is a rainy, cold day. It is grey and misty and drizzly and COLD. I cleaned our house, washed all the windows (on the inside), colored my hair (red), picked up my new glasses at Pearl Vision, went grocery shopping and witnessed a 4-5 yr old boy having a complete and total melt down the entire time I was in the store.

No matter where you were you could hear this kid screaming. Produce, dairy, frozen foods, bakery, deli... screaming. My eardrums ruptured and my ears were bleeding by the time I made my escape.

At one point I had to be IN the aisle with the screamin' mimi... this old man came marching resolutely into the aisle, marched right up to the kid in the shopping cart shaped like a car - stooped down and said in a loud, grumpy, old man scraggly voice - "HEY! YOU ARE DISTURBING AN ENTIRE STORE FULL OF PEOPLE!" The kid's screaming went up three more octives and he threw his lego toy at the old man.

The lady with the demon child practicing to be the next Rob Zombie, mega-death, heavy metal lead singer, stormed past me and whispered, "asshole". Then two other ladies in the aisle began clucking like chickens and their feathers were all ruffled... "oh, can you imagine?!" "as if that poor woman isn't embarrassed enough" "been there and done that with MY kids" "I can't believe that man!"

I'm sorta thinking - if that was MY kid, I would at least remove it from public. Like why does everyone else have to be subjected to your kid's meltdown ?!? Seriously.


Once I got home, put cotton in my ears to stop the bleeding, I planted wine bottles. I got a great idea from a girlfriend about using wine bottles as a fun border. I've been asking Furry Husband to save all the wine bottles and I planted them this afternoon. I think it will look great once the border is fully in. And while I'm at it, why not KEEP planting them? Heck, who needs a yard? In 2 yrs I bet I could cover every square inch of our entire yard with wine bottles and be done with landscaping forever!
I also wove some more wicker into our gate.

We won an hour long consult with a landscaper in a silent auction a few years ago. She came over and gave us some ideas for our place. Furry Husband and I are slowly and I mean SLOWLY chunking it out. Damn plants are pricey!

One of her suggestions was to weave some willow branches in our gate. After two years of looking for willow branches... where in the hell do you find them? cuz I never did. We even have a good friend that runs a tree surgery business. I kept telling him if he was ever going to trim a willow tree to give me a call. Never happened.

However, he did find a wicker chair making kit in the garage of his business that had been there for years... he gave it to me and I'm slowly weaving it into my gate. I think it will look good once I'm done. Tho, by the time I get done, the wicker will probably have disinigrated and I'll have to begin hunting for willow branches again.


The house in the background is where Canadian Thanksgiving will occur tomorrow. I'm gonna make some toasted crab rounds... baguettes sliced into 1/2 inch rounds, spread with some creamy crab concoction and baked til golden.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone! What do you think we'll be eating?? Canadian bacon?? Molson beer??


No comments: