Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thank God for Tweeners....

Tweeners. People who aren't as old as their parents and not so young that they are still in school.

We went to Canadian Thanksgiving and it was very nice! A full on Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings... TWO turkeys, yams, potatoes, green bean casseroles, stuffing, pies and lots of wine. My crab rounds were a hit and properly scarffed.

Furry Husband and I didn't really expect to know anyone there. We know the neighbors, but also knew they would be busy entertaining and preparing the meal.

We were SO relieved when we walked in and saw E & S, this couple we met the last time we were invited to the Canadian's house. They are probably 10 yrs younger than us but they are no longer in school and they are not in the older crowd either. Tweeners. We clung to each other the whole afternoon.

E pointed out the woman carving the turkey. Her glasses were down on the end of her nose, she had white Albert Einstein hair and a lot of implements in her hands ... she thought the woman looked like a mad scientist. She DID look like a mad scientist! And she was going after those turkeys... woman got every ounce o' meat and skin off of those carcasses...

At one point I walked across the kitchen where the Canadian's wife introduced me to "mad scientist", Mad Scientist didn't stop carving, chatted with me for a minute, flipped the turkey over because she saw a scrap of meat to be extracted and I felt some hot piece of bird or fat or juice or giblet hit my neck.

I backed away and STAYED away from Mad Scientist and her wild meat flinging turkey destruction.

I was home yesterday celebrating "Columbus Day". ?? Don't ask me! The guv'ment gives it to us and any day at home is better than a day at work! I taped and mudded the headers over our windows in the living room and bedroom. We had new windows installed almost 2 yrs ago and I've been meaning to get to it.... well, now it's done. Big ol' pat on the back to me!

Will be a good winter time project to get those rooms painted.....

.... in the next 5 years or so. No rush or anything!



No comments: