Friday, October 10, 2008

Dogs and Cats...

I went to our local humane society the other day to drop off a food donation. I shoulda given the food and left. Instead I went in to see the dogs and cats - there were two dogs I would have taken and at least 15 cats.



I kept having to tell myself I'm doing my part with the 5 cats and 3 dogs we have... still. They are awful CUTE!



It's supposed to be crappy weather this weekend so I'll be indoors making some feta cheese! Also, our neighbors across the street invited us to Canadian Thanksgiving on Sunday. That should be interesting, eh? Maybe I'll rent some Bob and Doug Mckenzie movies to practice my speech patterns.


Our last boy goat will go to his final place this weekend. gulp. yup - he'll be butchered. We aren't eating him, someone is trading us some home grown beef for our goat kid. I know this has to happen and I can't keep them all but it is hard and sad for me. I wish I were tougher that way. I know I'll be sad about it this weekend. On the other hand, I know he will have had a good, happy life up to the very end... and if it bothered me that much I guess I'd be a vegetarian, wouldn't eat or drink any dairy products, wouldn't eat eggs, wouldn't wear leather etc. etc. etc.

No comments: