Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Halloween Party

We are invited to Spectacular, Spectacular! which is my friend, Steve's, costume party on October 25. His invite simply says, "Be brilliant." with an RSVP and a number.

Last year we got the invite and we were both confused. Be brilliant? Brilliant how? What does this mean?!? We are definately the type of people that need a little more instruction than "be brilliant.". I know, we are unimaginative, simple, country rubes.

I called to RSVP and was told there will be a Sarah Palin look-alike contest and Steve is passing out buttons that say, "Night of a Thousand Palins".

I thought of a brilliant costume for furry husband ... he's gonna go as Joe Sixpack!

He HATES dressing up for halloween. I make him play anyway. I try to find costumes that would be more Furry Husband friendly and don't involve tights -- no Robin Hood costumes, that sort of thing.

He loves the Joe Sixpack idea. He can dress like a manly-man, wear a name tag "Hello, My Name is...JOE" and carry a six pack o' beer. There are no wigs, tights, makeup, uncomfortable or restrictive clothes and very little effort.

You can steal my idea if you want, just as long as you aren't going to Steve's party. Otherwise, I'll have to lock you in a closet til the party is over...sorry, I can be a touch vindictive that way.


No comments: