Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Angry Chicken

We took our holiday Christmas picture Saturday morning. We used our white chicken "Salt" cuz we thought she'd show up the best. She was SCREAMING the entire time. Ear shattering, can't hear yourself think, full-on hysterical chicken screaming.

She was a very angry chicken. This is an angry chicken and an out of focus angry chicken that for some reason makes me laugh...
And then our picture taker, Panzee, decides to take one of me looking like this. I think I'm dreaming of sugar plums in betwixt all the chicken screaming. Maybe my eardrums ruptured and are bleeding. I don't really know....
Then our picture taker, the funny and sardonic Panzee took this picture of Sammy looking ... well, frankly looking like he's pleading with someone to save him from this debacle. Can you see the plea in his eyes?


Until finally we have our Christmas picture! (we cropped out the hay pallets for our card, but you guys can have the full on country effect...)
.
Toe is WAY focused on the screaming chicken.... he'd like to make that chicken stop screaming in his special bird-dog way.
.
Brandon, the horse, is 33 this year... and you can almost see him thinking "Oh the humanity.... I live 33 yrs on this Earth for ... ?"
.
Our little cattle dog... - wait - ... dachshund mix (from dna cheek swab results - hiliarious) is 12 this year. How can she be 12? We adopted her when we got back from our honeymoon and we've loved her ever since... do they have to get old?
.
Our doe, Spot, has her 3 coats on... a blue long sleeve fleece, a grey fleece vest and finally a lovely red ensemble. The cold bothers her much more than any of our other goats. I looked into mini horse coats or goat coats.... it's cheaper to stop by the thrift store and outfit her with some lovely fleecewear. (she wears a women's XL if anyone is wondering)




It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


10 comments:

Tonia said...

HAhaha!! Great picture!

Heather said...

We did a group picture one year and it was just too complicated. Now we just to a photo collage from events in the prior year.

Melinda said...

Oh that is a funny and perfect Christmas story!!! OMGOSH I am cracking up here sitting at my desk work, and Im sure sound just a bit like your chicken there!!! OMGOSH!!!! Hysterical!
I just cant imagine having cooperation from my crew at all, so you did good!

Cheryl said...

Hilarious! Sounds a lot like taking your tired toddlers to see Santa. I love the final picture.

Kelley said...

You are right.... and I can't put my finger on why, but Angry Chicken Out of Focus is HILARIOUS!!! : )

HO! HO! HO!

PotterWatchPeeps said...

Those are great pictures but the last one really is the best. Spot looks just like a doe I used to have named Bella. Pretty girl!

Shanster said...

Tonia - Thank-you!

Heather - photo collages are good too. It IS a bit of a major ordeal... grin.

Cheryl - Thanks - I like it too!

Kelley - maybe THAT shoulda been our christmas card... would have many, many people scratching their heads! evil giggling...

Potterwatch - Thanks! I do love our dairygoats and Spot is pretty special!

Shanster said...

Melinda - I LOVED your santa hat picture...you are so creative! Is Bob in your holiday cards?

Fyyahchild said...

Every time I've gotten irritated at work today I've remembered the out-of-focus angry chicken picture and it has cracked me up. I have the stoopidist grin every time. Thank you for that!

Funder said...

Wow, those angry chicken pictures are hysterical. I know exactly what noise you're talking about, too!