Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kylie

Remember how I joined Partners Mentoring Youth? It's sort of a Big Brother/Big Sister program in Larimer County.

Well I met my "case manager", Andrea, a couple weeks ago to discuss mentoring this little girl, Kylie. She sounded cute as a bug to me and I said yes.

Then Andrea had to talk to Kylie's parents to see if they liked the sound of ME...

I guess I didn't scare them off because Andrea just called to say it's a go!

It's Kylie's 10th birthday Saturday. Her mom thinks it'd be a great birthday present for her to meet me. I've never been a birthday present before. Yeah - no pressure there!!

I'm going to her house with Andrea to meet the family, answer questions, ask questions and set up future play dates for me and Kylie to get to know each other.

Here is what I know so far:

Kylie LOVES animals.
Her favorite food is sushi. (I happen to love sushi too)
She wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up.
Some of her wishes are: 1. no animals ever had to die 2. all her favorite fish could be her pets (I'm thinkin' you mean OTHER than the sushi on your plate?!?)

When asked what she does for fun at home, she says she plays tag with her family's two llamas.

O.k. Girl plays tag with llamas.

How could this not work out?

I play tag with my goats!

I'm excited to meet her. She sounds really cute and y'all know how much I can feed her love for animals! I'm already thinking of behind the scenes tours of the CSU Vet Teaching Hospital, ride-alongs with horse vets, taking her to National Western Stock Show in Denver, helping us bottle feed our goat kids in spring ....

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I just was thinking about you on Saturday, and if you got the go ahead, or were going to wait till her sister also had match. I'm glad it's a GO, and can't wait to hear about it!!! : )