Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Agility week 3....and HORSES

Finally making plans with horses again... been a lonely horse spring with quarantine limitations.   My tracking buddy J is also in the agility class and she has reining horses at home.  After agility we talked about going on some trail rides... I know she will think I'm boring but I'm not going to go scaling up rocks with Sera.  She will just have to dummy down a bit til I get my trail ride seat...

I have a lesson with Sera Saturday morning.... lessons with Rosso forthcoming....

I bought a book, "How Good Riders Get Good" by Denny Emerson to help with the Boyd and Silva Martin barn fire out East.  Part of the proceeds from that book go to them to help them recover.  It's making me think.... not sure that is always a good thing.  grin.

Agility is still going well.  I think it must be hard to instruct people who don't know what they are doing and have to watch us all fumble around....

We practiced a front cross doing a pinwheel exercise with some low jumps.  I was nervous cuz I'm very directionally challenged and trip over my own feet constantly...  I remembered to "turn into my dog" and focus on the outside jump pole for the end of my front cross.  Shew.  AND I did it without falling down.  Bonus.

Still practice the 2on/2off... the teeter slam... and the jump chute... and an exercise for weave pole entry.  Next week we will practice the rear cross for the pinwheel exercise.

Can't wait to get me arse in the saddle for a real live training this weekend....  I think there should be a military flyover for celebration.... confetti.... spotlights....

No comments: