Monday, May 17, 2010

Spot is so HUGE

Since all her breeding trouble in the fall and having to get a shot to get her to ovulate, we started calling her Octo-Goat. She kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger...


I brought her out to shave her backside and trim her hooves.... we tried to get pictures of how big she is but it's true. Black hides your figure! None of the pictures really do justice... I suppose it's watching her walk, waddle, wallow and how her head moves back and forth and how she begins to pant... and her little stick legs... she really looks like a watermelon on toothpicks.


I tried posing her daughter, Speck, next to her... you can see what Speck thought of THAT idea... leggo of me!

I'm not THAT big...
yeah, whatever Octo-Goat...

5 comments:

Kelley said...

OH MY GOD... is she still pregnant??? Poor baby. I was hoping for some "kid" pictures... wow... she looks even bigger then last week.... IF THAT IS POSSIBLE!!! Hang in there Octo-Goat! : )

DebH said...

Oh my ...your gonna get a triple hit there!! Or possibly a mini pony?? She is one big and by the looks of that bag...READY Girl!! Hope you get a threesome of Healthy little Girls there! When is the due date??

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

WOW! And still gorgeous :) I'm going to link you up over at Goat Berires!

Cheryl said...

Hoo-weee--wow!!! I feel uncomfortable just looking at her! How many babies do goats have each time?

Shanster said...

Kelley - NO she wasn't preggers when I posted! Sneaky Shanster...

DebH - I know - Furry Husband kept saying the kids were just going to WALK out of her...

Michelle - Thanks! Nice to meet you and your cute goaties in Italy!

Cheryl - I know huh? Usually twins, many times triplets... quads happen but not often. We've even known someone that had a goat who had FIVE! That has to be pretty rare...