Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Funny....

Furry Husband and I treated my Ma and Sis to the Denver Botanic Garden yesterday. Wow. It was a beautiful day and everything at the botanic gardens is just spectacular. Blooms galore... fragrant flowers and blossoms everywhere you looked. Beautiful.

I'm sure they have staff to scurry out and pluck anything that is wilty or dead before anyone can see it. Much like those people at professional tennis matches who run out and swiftly remove any errant tennis balls.

As we drove home, we called Furry Husband's Ma to wish her a happy Mother's Day.

She and I were happily chatting and she was telling me she was going to rent the Sex and the City movie because she doesn't remember the full frontal male nudity scene.

She was renting the movie for that sole purpose. To see the full frontal male nudity.

I thought once she shared that little gem... I mean this is an 80+ fairly proper little lady.... and she's telling me she wants to see the full on male goods in a movie riddled with sex and innuendos and foul language.

I figured I could share a joke. I told her about our neighbors getting donkeys and now we had an endless stream of jokes like Furry Husband is scratching Panzee's Ass... or we were checking out Panzee's Ass.... or maybe we both could kiss Panzee's Ass.

I saw Furry Husband's eyebrows raise in alarm out of my peripheral vision as I prattled on...


Silence from my Ma-In-Law.


No response.


I thought maybe our cell phone cut out. Nope, Furry Husband's Ma was still there and her eventual reply was, " Shanster. long pause... Have you been drinking?"

4 comments:

DebH said...

I can count on you for one good "Blow your pop out your nose" Snort!!

Good One!! ;)

Cheryl said...

LOL! Oh my God, that's so hilarious!

Guess, with mother in laws, better safe than sorry, right?

Kelley said...

Hee!hee!hee! : )

Shanster said...

DebH - Don't hurt yourself! Those bubbles BURN! :)

Cheryl - evidently! I will be more G rated next time...

Kelley - I know!