Thursday, April 3, 2008

Harmody Farms

Harmody Farms is owned by the most WONDERFUL family! We met them when we began our dairy goat quest and bought one of our first does from them. We keep in touch and visit regularly. They are the first people we go to if we have some goat questions, want to share a fun goat story, or need encouragement.

They have Alpines and are kidding with 21 does! Can you IMAGINE??? I can't. I think four does is two too many! Furry Husband and I have so much respect for farms that have that many does and kids. Wow.

Sunday, we loaded four of our kids into a kennel and took off down the highway for a goat kid play date/show and tell/visit.

I learned how to use THE ELASTRATOR! And I banded two of our boys. Oh, man. Ya just feel awful for them. They lay down and groan and the get up and hop around and try to get away from the constriction behind... poor fellas. We both felt pretty awful for causing them the pain they were feeling. However, two days later, they are up and running and jumping and playing just like before. Shew! We were so relieved. I know in my head they will be o.k., and you just can't help but fret over them!

Furry Husband does not think that he can help me with banding the rest of our boys. I think it's a little too close to home for him... s'ok, the divine Ms. K says she'll come over and help me this weekend. Fun times!

Anyway, Harmody Farms invited us to stay for dinner and we gladly accepted. We love talking goats with them and sharing in all the fun, love and laughter their family generates. Everyone is so genuine and friendly and full of warmth. There are eight people in their family including the parents. When Furry Husband made their son's water shoot out his nose from laughing so hard, we knew our mission had been accomplished and we could go home.

No comments: