Sunday, March 23, 2008

New Digs

Furry Husband and I had a day at home with not much on the agenda. We made up some bath fizzies this morning instead of dying eggs for Easter - Happy Easter everyone!

I'm experimenting with molds for my fizzies. I found something really cute but it doesn't really "let go" of the fizzie so I'm not sure it's going to work. I had another mold but both Furry Husband and I think it's too big. I feel like Goldilocks and I haven't found the porriage that is juuuust right yet. It's not too much of a loss if I don't like it, just means I have a nice hot bath lined up in my near future to use up my "mistakes". Bonus for me!

We needed to move and reconstruct our kid goat pen this weekend for a couple reasons, and today was the perfect day to do it once the day warmed up a bit. It was 15 this morning when we got up - brrrrr~!



There is a neighbor behind us that has a sketchy tween boy... he threw big chunks of concrete over the fence and tried to smoosh our chickens once a couple years ago. His parents made him come clean our coop as an apology and we still don't trust him around animals. He likes to tease our dogs through the fence, throws rocks at the horses - that kind of thing.

He sort of skulks around and when you say hello to him, he will stand behind whatever he is next to like you never really saw him, or he stands around and stares sullenly at you - you say hi and he just stands there staring. He is creepy and we don't trust him.


When we had the babies in the former chicken coop, this neighbor kid and his buddies all came up on their bicycles and were sort of cheering/jeering at the kids. Furry Husband and I were home and they weren't techinically doing anything wrong and it made both of us nervous so that was our goal this weekend - move the pen further into our property and away from our fence line where wierd teenage boys might get to it.


We had the babies out frolicking in the yard while we worked, we got the pen set up and I fashioned some fun obstacles for the babies to play on. We have a SA-WEET kid pen!


Our friend M and her daughter, Little M came over to check out goat kids...Little M had as much fun on the goat obstacles as the goatlets did! Check it out...






No comments: