Saturday, March 22, 2008

Abner! Abner!


I don't think I've mentioned that we live next to Mrs. Kravitz. Remember Bewitched? Yeah. She watches us with binoculars - the difference is that she will call and tell us she watches us with binoculars.
For example: Once I was out in the goat pen frolicking with the goats. I run around and wave my arms and make noise... the goats love it and they race around and jump around and I'll duck behind one of their houses and pop out and chase them, then they will chase me. It's great fun and good, wholesome family entertainment. (yeah, I realize it's a little weird but there are MUCH weirder things I could be doing)
Anyway, I got a call the next day from our very own "Mrs. Kravitz".

Mrs. K: "You know you can call me if something is wrong."
Me: " Uhhh - o.k."
Mrs. K: "Really, we want you to know you can call if there is trouble"
Me: " Uhhhh - o.k."
Mrs. K: "We saw you yesterday."
Me: " Uhhh - o.k."
Mrs. K: "Is everything o.k.? Is Furry Husband o.k.?"
Me: "Yeah? Everthing is fine - why??"
Mrs. K: "You were running all around in circles waving your arms around. We thought Furry Husband had a heart attack."
Me: (laughing uncontrollably now that the lightbulb has gone off over my head) "Noooo, that was ME playing with the goats! Nothing was wrong, I was in the goat pen!"

Oh, man. I laughed about that for WEEKS after - still get a chuckle out of it now and then. AS IF, I would go running outside, screaming, waving my arms in the air and run in circles if my darling husband was laying in our house having a full cardiac arrest. And if she thought that... why did she call the NEXT day. Seriously.

Now that you have a teensy, tiny, itty, bitty, miniscule taste of our very own Mrs. Kravitz, I can tell you this story.

Our friend Ann came over last night to see goat kids, milk our does and check out our little "goat kingdom". When she got here I gave her a big hug. When she left, I gave her a big hug.

Mrs. Kravitz called our house. Furry Husband answered the phone.

FH: "Hello?"
Mrs. K: "Geez, you guys have been married all this time and you still make out with each other in the yard like that!?"
FH: " Uhhhh - what?"
Mrs. K: "I saw you guys making out just now!"
FH: "Noooo? We weren't making out. I've been in the house."
Mrs. K: "Well who was your wife making out with?"
(picture the phone clattering to the floor and Furry Husband running outside to see if he could catch a little girl on girl on goat action)

Ann had already gotten in her car and left. I looked at him completely perplexed.
Poor guy. He never gets to have any fun.


No comments: