Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Grand Junction

Furry Husband and I left for Grand Junction last week.  We stayed with his buddy Mo, who lives at the base of the Powderhorn Ski Resort in Mesa.   It was GORGEOUS.  

Furry Husband played in the Colorado State Disc Golf Championships (which he completed in a 3-way tie for Fourth Place!  Way to go Furry!)  while I hiked on Saturday and went 4-wheeling on Sunday.  I brought the little Toe dog with us to Junction for fun - he's compact, travels well and is friendly to everyone.

I think Toe probably had more fun than the hoo-mans... bombing around the mountain on hikes... swimming in mountain lakes...and riding sandwiched in between me and Mo on the 4-wheeler little stump tail goin' a mile a minute....

The weekend was sunny, cloudless, no wind and 70's or 80's... fabulous, perfect, incredible Colorado weather and I was outside most of the time...   ahhhhhhhhh.    Hard to come back to reality and a desk job, indoors with no windows near-by.   *sniffle*

Agility last night - I meant to bring a camera to tape how herky jerky I am... completely forgot.  Maybe next Monday I'll remember and you can get a glimpse of the insanity!  

Tomorrow I ride with Debbie and I am cringing cuz she'll see how we've reverted back to all our old habits... but I won't worry about that until I actually make it there.

Our truck isn't 100% reliable lately and only does it's acting up when I'm towing a load over distance... mechanics can't find anything wrong with it, we can't get it to do anything in town or to and from Rex's place.  

Always a comforting thought as you are on the interstate towing your beloved horse....

2 comments:

DebH said...

This Fall weather has been gorgeous. Now I am starting to listen too much to the weatherman and the dread in his voice. This is ridiculous...threatening us with 40% more moisture than normal. We've had some pretty crazy winters for the last few and to tell us get ready for a bad one...I might just have to get serious about finding me a nice handy Gent who drives a F250. Ha..slap me...
Geez..now where did that come from..I think I'm getting weak. I did do one thing I am proud of this year though..bought me a Bobcat 3X's bigger than my little one. I think I can handle it!

Shanster said...

Very cool! Congrats on your Bobcat! *jealous* Nuthin' wrong with finding a cute, handy male... nuthin wrong with that at all! grin.