Friday, September 26, 2008

Websites

I'm trying to be a better blogger and post more often.

I went to update my website and found out the company I was using changed site editors. They want me to pay more to "update" my site and when I tried that, basically they want me to recreate the whole damn thing from scratch using the new editor.

Do you know how long it took me to create those pages?!

I am not a techie, I don't know html and I spent a very painful, entire 3 day weekend creating it. Worse than being in labor cuz people are in labor for like, what? 2 days max? and THEY can have epidurals.

Anyway, I'd have to upload all my pix and graphics again and you just have no idea how painful and time consuming that all was the first go 'round. So to do it all again??? Thanks but... no.

I think I'm gonna scrap it and open a store/site on etsy.com when I finally get my labels going. Websites are so necessary for people to SEE your product and feel like there really is a virtual space devoted to you. Makes you seem more like a "real" business I think in the minds of consumers.

I'm frustrated by this website debacle. I am also really not impressed with their customer service. Tho' once I finally CREATED all my pages...I simply could NOT scrap it to start with another provider and go thru the agony again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get on facebook!