Monday, August 25, 2008

Part III, Children OF the corn....

We left Illinois Ma's house and headed to Omaha, NE for my high school reunion.

Oh, our pet sitter called to say that Sammy was sick - he had explosive diarrhea - and does this happen often when we travel? Not only did she have to deal with skunk smell from the dogs' little run in before we left, but now one of the dogs is exploding outta his back passage. Nice. Bet we'll never see THAT pet sitter again!

The drive was full o' corn and decorated water towers... you've pretty much seen it all before. YAWN...



We arrived at the hotel and relaxed for a while before heading to the reunion. I was NERVOUS. I dunno why. It's not like there is anyone mean from my school. We are all adults. Not as if I will walk in the room and everyone will stop what they are doing to stare and point at my additional 20lbs and budda belly. No one is going to throw rocks at me. No one is going to call me names.... I was nervous anyway.

We got to the brew pub early and had a pint of confidence at the bar before heading in. We decended to the basement and into "the function".

It was very nice! People were friendly - people looked the same - it was all chatting and laughing and finding out what everyone was up to.

Furry Husband hit it off with the other husbands while all us girls gabbed. He really liked Julie's husband (which is a good thing since Julie's boob is in Furry Husband's hand!) I don't think I need to mention Furry Husband was also enjoying himself - there was alcohol, food... and lots o' pictures. I think about half showed up? There were 60 in our graduating class. Fun times, fun times.
Well, well, well. Turn about is only fair isn't it?


We got up early the next day and Colorado never looked so good. Can I say how much I love our home?? The horses, goats, dogs and cats were all alive and very happy to see us.
I got up early the next day to go to a horse show in Cheyenne, WY.
Seriously.
I braided Sera's mane and groomed her at home, loaded her in the trailer and drove 45 min. to the Laramie County Community College (LCCC). I rode Dressage tests First Level 1 and 3 - I got my first 60% scores with her and was very, very happy with my red-headed mare! The next day I rode First Level test 1 and 4 - again I got 60% scores. I have 2 blue ribbons (first), a red (second) and a yellow (third) from my weekend.
I came to work on Monday, happy to be back in the office, so I could finally RELAX!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please send those pics into the Mercian. They would love it!