Monday, August 11, 2008

Big Wave and Thank-you!

This morning while Furry Husband and I were up and being oh so healthy by going for a 3 mile walk with the dogs - 5 hearts, 3 leashes, 1 goal.

An older man with a full white beard like Santa Claus passed us in his car with his window rolled down giving us a big, friendly wave. We of course waved back and then talked about all the different waves we get out in the country.


Everyone acknowledges you out here. Sometimes you get the barely imperceptible head nod. Other times as someone drives by, their hand is on the 12:00 position of the steering wheel and they will raise their index finger to "wave". The more friendly people will raise all 4 fingers. If someone actually lifts their other hand to raise up - not wave it - but hold it up much like you would imagine someone in court swearing to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth - well that is just downright outgoing!


So today to get a big, friendly, wave - actual movement of the wrist and hand as they drove past ... and now that I think of it, he also had a big grin on his face ... well, it was really an odd sight to behold at 6am on our little dirt road!


There is a house on our way into town - right off of the paved 2 lane highway where many a car fly by. It is a great big house that someone had built and we watched it going up every day on the way to work for at least a year. There are even columns in front of this house it is so huge and they painted it light peach. Remember that color combo back in the 80's - peach and black? It's that color. The people that live there are slowly landscaping their front "lawn". We have no idea who they are.

Furry Husband has taken to honking his horn and waving enthusiatically out his window every time those people are out in front of their house.... they always wave back, stop what they are doing to watch our car head down the hwy and look more than a little perplexed. This makes me giggle. Furry Husband cracks me up on a daily basis. You know those people are wondering - "who IS that?!?"


And for the 9 people who read my posts... I am jumping up and down and giving you all a big wave hello with both hands! You see, I added this little map to the side of my post that will put red dots wherever someone is reading my blog. I thought it would stay this lonely, empty map devoid of red dots and I was posting to the black hole of the internet - it's not as if the things I write about are important, earth-shattering events after all.

Furry Husband came into the bedroom this morning before I had hauled myself outta bed to tell me there was another red dot. My eyes opened right up .... "for reals?! you aren't making it up?"

It's like Christmas getting up and opening my blog to see red dots on my map! Thank-you!