Friday, July 18, 2008

No phone calls yet

After my last post...well, everything is going to seem pretty lame. I'm still waiting for Meow Mix to call. It's become a running joke between Furry Husband and myself...he calls me and I say excitedly "Are you calling because Meow Mix called?!" or when Barista called me the other night I answered saying "Is this Meow Mix? Did I win?!"

Mojo remains very unimpressed and is happy to be back home dominating everything and everyone. He has several monikers.

Kong cuz wherever he is he just knocks everything down - sorta like in the movies where Kong is batting airplanes out of the sky? Yeah, that is Mojo.

Or I will call him Brutus - as in the Popeye character who runs around terrorizing Sweet Pea and Olive Oyl NOT nearly the intellectually stimulating Julius Ceasar character.

And maybe a more endearing nickname for Mojo is Mr. Nipples. Being a black cat and lying on his back all the time...well those little pink nipples are out there for prime viewing. People ask me a lot if he's had surgery cuz he has one heck of a treasure trail as well.... Nope. No surgery. It's just Mr. Nipples.

All of our cats have more than one name. I don't know why this occurs? Do other people give their animals more than one name??

Robinella - named after a GREAT band - Robinella and the CC String Band - has morphed into Buzz or Buzzer.

Banana Puddin' - named after the Southern Culture on the Skids song titled the same - has morphed into Pudge or Pudgy.

Punkin' Head - she's orange. Well, guess Punkin' hasn't really changed - only she is so fat she can't properly clean herself and has constant dingleberries. So we've added fatass to her name - Punkin' Fat Ass.

Split Pea Soup - she is now just Split Pea and often Mimi or Meow Meow.

I don't know if you've noticed but many cats are named after food. I didn't realize I named my cats after food until one day I called a pet tag company. I began giving the nice lady the names of each cat for their respective tag.

All of a sudden she began laughing hysterically. I was like - wha??? I had to wait for her to stop the peals of glee and then she said in between giggles ... "All your cats are named after food!" Punkin, Split Pea Soup, Banana Puddin' and, at the time, Meatloaf....

Once it was pointed out to me, I tried to break my odd habit. That's where Mojo and Robinella came in.

No comments: