Thursday, July 10, 2008

FDA and Meow Mix

The FDA is trying to pass a bill that would require small cosmetic/soap making businesses to pay large fees and fill out lots of confusing paperwork to sell their cosmetics/soaps/lotions. Sigh. The FDA isn't saying people can't do it, but the cost involved for someone that is small potatoes, like me, is going to be very prohibitive. http://energycommerce.house.gov/FDAGlobalAct-08/index.shtml It's discussed here - the 2008 FDA Globalization Act. It's pretty discouraging when I'm trying to get going... sorta feels like What's the Point? If anyone reads this that cares, please write to your congressman and tell them not to do it and squash small business owners everywhere, especially when the economy is so dismal these days for all the "little people" as it is. Thank-you!

Some more exciting news is that I am headed to Denver with my big, black, 20lb, cat to audition for the Meow Mix game show this Saturday. Interestingly enough, we had a cat growing up -Spot - she only ate Meow Mix and she lived to be like 50 yrs old!

Anyway, they are auditioning for a one time game show to be aired on GSN, formerly the Game Show Network. http://www.meowmix.com/think_like_cat/theGames.htm Del Monte - the owners of Meow Mix - are holding autitions in 8 cities. One person and their cat from each location will be chosen to compete in a cat game show. I figure I have as good a shot as anyone and it should be "AN ADVENTURE"!
Poor Furry Husband. He is learning to hate it when we (read - I) get excited about "AN ADVENTURE". What can he do but go along with my crazy schemes?

At worst, I waste a day in Denver with my cat. At best I get to go on this game show and even if I get disqualified for answering everything incorrectly, I still get $1K and a years supply of cat food. Poor Mojo has no idea what he's in for. He is the only cat of the five we have that would not simply implode with the madness of going to Denver and being in an audition.

The audition consists of three phases: 1. a 20 question multiple choice quiz on my general cat knowledge. 2. Mojo meets an animal trainer/behaviorist to see if he is a cat they could work with vs. being a cat who takes out a camera man with it's claws on the way screaming out the door 3. they interview me with my cat about my relationship with my cat to make sure we are both cameral friendly... here is my chance to tell them all about Mojo and his funny life with goats on our farm.
Don't worry - he doesn't REALLY drink beer, he isn't old enough and the bubbles tickle his nose.
shrug. Like I said, I have as good a shot as anyone. I really hope Mojo's head doesn't explode - *POOF*. Just think of the stories he'll be able to tell all of our other kitties when he gets home....

I'll take my digital camera and bring back stories and pix of my day in Denver with aaalllllllllll the other Cat People... I really have no idea what to expect. Tho' I did dye my hair red last night for the "camera friendly" fun of Meow Mix AND for my 20 yr h.s. reunion on the 26th....

No comments: