Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Washington DC

Had to spend some time at our Nation's capitol.   Shew.  BIG city.  Makes Denver look like a small cow town.  Which I suppose it is....moo.

Had a funny story from a morning I was there -

Stopped at a place to get some eggs one morning – it was cheaper than The Corner Bakery or Au Bon Pain… there were two women inside, one waiting for food ... the other sitting at the counter eating a breakfast sammich.

The one waiting for food was mad about a co-worker and talking very loudly… was calling her a “muther fu*&#ing rat tooth muther fu*&er”

Alrighty then.  Turns out I didn’t need much coffee that morning, eye opening enough at 7am.  Grin.

I bought a sea salt caramel at a place called Chop’t - it's a salad place at lunch.  Good thing I only bought one.  Those things are like crack and I turned into a sea salt caramel crack whore.   I wanted 20 or 30 of those rat tooth muther f*&ing candies…. didn’t have time, had to get back to class cuz my lunch break was over.

Furry Husband was struggling with first milker goat teats while I was away.  They are very tiny, teensy, small in his big man hands and the goats were objecting … lots of kicked over buckets.  Poor Furry Husband.  Good thing goats don’t speak… they are learned lots of good cuss words last week… maybe as much as me!

3 comments:

Funder said...

OH GOD AU BON PAIN I would drop this stupid no-grains diet in a HEARTBEAT for an au bon pain chocolate croissant. Good thing I wasn't in DC!

ROFL, rat toothed MFer salted caramels are GOOD. I make them every year for Christmas presents.

DebH said...

oh man! I am gonna remember that phrase. I like the colorful way you can hurl a string of rightforthe moment words. Somedays just call for it! Gad, I can guess that that worker has a REAL potty mouth when she's really pissed though. I am a little twisted when it comes to colorful profanity though. Seems I can come up with a string of words that'll make a sailor blush. I don't use them at work though..control..yessiree..self control! and Washington DC? How fun and interesting is that! I'll have to go some day. And I've heard about salt caramels. That is a good idea for giving that goats milk caramel a kick! You have some new goats? I've struggled with a few of those miniature teats before and finally bought a madigan milker, or I think thats what its called. OMG!!! Shoulda done that ages ago. They are a serious help!!
AND good to hear from you!!

Laura Crum said...

Shanster--You are too funny! Now I want a sea salt caramel. I hope your goats are doing well.