Thursday, February 28, 2008

Heeere kitty, kitty, kitty....

Allrighty - think this blogging thing is going to be addictive!

Furry husband does not like being called "Furry" so much. Dunno what I'll refer to him as? Anyway, he is in Denver tonight for wine meetings, leaving me alone with about 100 bottles of wine....pinots, chards, cabs...you name it and it's here. I can hear them calling to me.... MMMM

I purchased girl products today. Lately, I've been trying to improve my appearance. Going from frumpy goat farmer to half-way decent member of society.

I had my hair cut yesterday - it is a new short stylish do - received lots o' compliments and two people called my hairdresser, Sally Ann, to make an appointment. I was a good billboard for her - just wait til they all see my hair tomorrow when I've had a shot at styling it!

I don't wear make-up very often. However, when I do, the product I have has been giving me a rash around my eyes for that oh, so attractive, diseased, sickly look. Either the product is old and a bacteria creeped in or there is something in that brand I'm having a reaction to.

I went out on a limb and bought some Arbonne cosmetics today from a fellow horse woman who lives in OK. She knows my trainer, there was a skin care party at my trainer's house involving LOTS of wine, I mean LOTS of wine. Now I've done gone and bought girlie items. http://www.dancinghorses.myarbonne.com/

I feel guilty for being a girl and being so 'spensive. I know I shouldn't but I do. I'm always thinking things like - the cost of this shirt is equal to 3 bales of 3rd cutting alfalfa hay or something like that. I only buy at consignment, thrift or discount stores...Ross, TJ Maxx, places like that. And I only get my hair cut maybe 2 or 3 times a year... but still, I am such a friggin' cheap skate and don't like spending the money on myself so much.



The drama of the evening and at our little farm is Split Pea Soup, our tortise shell kitty.

Let me preface. We have SIX cats. They are not barn cats, they are not outdoor cats - they are cuddly, purring, loved felines ranging in age, color and size. I have a soft spot for cats. Yeah, yeah, I know the chances of becoming a crazy cat lady in my 80s only increases with each cat.
Well Split Pea went to the dark side. We brought home one cat too many and she won't live indoors any more - we keep trying but so far have had no luck.

We have a heated outbuilding we use for storage. We put food, water and bedding in there for her - we turn the heat on in the winter and hope she'll be o.k. Figure a short, happy life is better than a long miserable one. For the most part, she sticks close by and follows us all around for our morning and evening chores. She gets a bowl of fresh goat milk when the goats are milking and she seems pretty content.

Well, a big tom saw how good she had it and moved in. He fought with Split Pea a few times before we trapped him and took him in for neutering and vaccinating. Since he is truly a feral cat, we turned him loose again. The neuter didn't help with his aggression toward our little dainty kitty. We discovered a pretty big wound on the inside of her thigh that needed doctoring and stitches.

She is picking at the stitches and opening everything back up - I have her locked inside, much to her dismay. She is hissing and snorting uncontrollably - I think almost to the point of seizures. But I'm not putting her outside to be another cat's bitch - well until she's healed up a bit more.

She isn't happy 'bout being locked up, the rest of the cats are all gathered around the door and between her hissing/snorting/clawing to get out and the other animals interest at what's behind door number 3, I'm guessing I won't be getting much sleep tonight.

Cat needs it's nuts cut and I don't give it another thought. I want some make-up that won't turn my eyes into diseased looking cesspools and I drive myself crazy with guilt. Sheesh!

No comments: