Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ham


The Divine Ms. K gave Furry Husband and I a ham when she moved to Laramie to complete a PhD and her new place had a smaller freezer than her old place. The ham wouldn't fit and I am ALWAYS up for free food. Always. Never get between me and a Ritz cracker. Seriously.


I thought our house smelled cozy and warm and full of good food last night while it was cooking. You know that smell? You are outside and it's cold and you come in, the house is warm and something in the oven just smells GOOD. It makes you feel like a Campbell's soup commercial. We had au gratin potatoes I made from scratch and some asparagus to make our pee smell. MMMM - it was a really tasty dinner.


And then.... all night long I kept waking up smelling bacon. That is when the magic of the ham wore off. I'm sorta wondering how long our house might smell like bacon?
Putting in the picture of the ham above made me a little nauseated actually.
Please God. Don't let our house smell like bacon when I get home. Amen.

No comments: